domingo, 15 de diciembre de 2013

Bonus Track Top 5 Sci-Fi Songs

Still Alive - Jonathan Coultron (Glados, Portal)

So I forgot to mention this awesome song in the last post, and as a huge fan of the Portal saga I had to put this somewhere.
If you have never played the game let me make a little synopsis for you:
The game features only 2 characters during the entire gameplay. You play as Chell, the last test subject trapped in the Aperture Laboratories, controlled by the sadistic and sarcastic AI machine called GlaDos. The objective is to complete all the test chambers that GlaDOS controls, with the help of your portal gun, which is the result of the research made by the laboratory and the reason because there were subjects testing this device. Both "live" in the facilities after she/it become corrupt and killed every test subject and worker in the laboratory. Although she/it is designed to appear helpful and encouraging,  GLaDOS's motives are hinted to be more sinister than her helpful as the game goes on and as a reward for complete all the test chambers she promise you a cake.
Believe me I tried my best to not spoil the game, even if the title of the song and the lyrics are already big ones, regardless of this, if you like puzzles, challenges and a funny and great story I invite you to play the game, you won't regreat it.
Getting back to the song, it is played when you complete the game and explain (kind of) what happened with GlaDOS after the game's final. This song is definitely my favorite videogame song ever, and I must say that Jonathan Coultron did an excellent job capturing GlaDos's personality, I can't even ask for more.




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario